Lakeland Industries, Inc. ("Lakeland" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the websites lakeland.com and lakel.ru (collectively, the "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- Offline, in accordance with relevant law, including, but not limited to, the California Consumer Privacy Act.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Any other website operated by Lakeland or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Our Website is not intended for children, as defined under applicable law. Children may not provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, and other identifiers by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information"); and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners, such as data enrichment services and e-commerce retailers.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of signing up for our newsletter or subscribing to our blog, contacting us (including contacting customer service or using our chat service), submitting requests or signing up for demonstrations, downloading guides and eBooks, placing orders, submitting a co-op request form, or signing up for training. This information may include your personal email address, work email address, name, country, company, company website, telephone number, comments, contact name, inquiry type, job title, address, information related to whether you are involved in selecting, specifying, or approving protective clothing for use on site, order details, and information related to whether you would like to hear from us in the future.
- Information that you provide when you submit orders or returns, including your name, email address, shipping address, and information related to the products you order.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer, device, and internet connection, including your IP address, device identifier, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information below, for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Lakeland, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To facilitate advertising and marketing activities.
- To understand how our visitors use the Website and to improve and optimize its content and presentation.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
Our legal bases for processing your information include:
- your consent;
- exercising our rights and performing our obligations in connection with entering into or performing under any contract we make with you;
- compliance with our legal obligations;
- our legitimate interests that are not overridden by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms, like research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Lakeland's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Lakeland about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lakeland, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Lakeland does not respond to Do-Not-Track signals at this time; however, we have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Promotional Offers from Lakeland
If you do not wish to have your information used by Lakeland to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or click “unsubscribe” in the relevant communication. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Lakeland as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads (including ads served using non-cookie technologies) from members of the NAI on the NAI's website. You can also visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website, available at https://youradchoices.com/, to use it Consumer Choice Tools.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights below, for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com. However, we do not currently conduct “sale” activities as defined under that statute.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit our CCPA Policy.
International Data Transfers
When you use the Website and provide information through the Website, we may transfer your information to a destination outside your jurisdiction, including to the United States, and it may be accessible to the courts and the law enforcement and national security authorities of that jurisdiction. The United States has not received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union under Article 45 of the GDPR (or other analogous international data protection regulations, such as the United Kingdom’s (“UK”) GDPR). Lakeland relies on the safeguards set forth in Article 46 of the GDPR or derogations for specific situations set forth in Article 49 of the GDPR (or other analogous data transfer mechanisms) in order to transfer personal information across international borders.
Individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and the UK may request a copy of applicable Article 46 agreements by contacting us at: 1525 Perimeter Parkway, Huntsville, AL 35806.
To the extent required by law, Lakeland provides you with:
- the ability to confirm the existence of processing, and request information related to the processing and reasonable access to the personal information collected through the Website;
- the ability to anonymize, block, or delete unnecessary or excessive data or data processed in noncompliance with the provisions of applicable law;
- the ability to request information regarding the public and private entities with which we have shared data.
- the ability to request information about the possibility of denying consent and the consequences of such denial.
- the ability to review, correct, export, and delete personal information;
- the ability to restrict processing of your personal information, or object to its processing;
- the ability to object to decisions being made solely on the basis of automated data processing; and
- the option to not identify yourself, or use a pseudonym, when dealing with Lakeland, unless it is impractical to do so, or Lakeland is required or authorized by law to deal with identified individuals.
When the processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing we have already performed. If you withdraw your consent, refuse to provide certain information, or provide inaccurate information, you may not be able to access or utilize all of the features or content available on or through the Website, and we may not be able to fulfill your requests for products or information.
Please contact us using any of the methods identified in the Contact Information section if you would like to exercise your individual rights. We may need to obtain or confirm certain personal information in order to accommodate your request. We will not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Individuals in the EEA and UK
In addition to the above rights, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (EEA) or the Commissioner (UK) if you believe we have processed your personal information in a manner inconsistent with your privacy rights. We kindly request that you contact us first so that we may address your concern.
Individuals in Other International Jurisdictions
Consistent with applicable law, and in addition to the above rights, you may have the right to petition or file a complaint with other relevant data protection or supervisory authorities.
Data Security and Retention
We have implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Lakeland Industries, Inc.
1525 Perimeter Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35806
or via our toll-free number: