Lightweight and breathable Type 5 & 6 protection with FR properties to EN 14116... unlike standard disposables fabric will not ignite and burn in contact with flames
Pyrolon® is Lakeland's range of limited life coveralls featuring a unique combination of effective flame retardent properties and chemical protection through Type 3 to 6.
Pyrolon® Plus 2 is the entry level suit featuring the essential Pyrolon® fabric – a unique viscose based material designed to char at a lower temperature than it's ignition point. Thus, unlike standard disposables based on polymers, the fabric does not ignite, propagate a flame or drip molten, burning debris.
Pyrolon® Plus 2 offers Type 5 and 6 chemical and dust protection combined with superior FR properties according to EN 14116-Index 1. Disposable FR garments do not provide flame and heat protection but are designed to be worn over Thermal Protective Garments (such as Lakeland’s Fyrban® range) as secondary FR protection but without compromising thermal protection.
Pyrolon® has far more effective FR properties than FR SMS garments which have extremely limited and questionable FR abilities. See the FR disposables video for the proof!
Features Lakeland's unique Super-B style with three-piece hood, inset sleeves and diamond crotch gusset resulting in an ergonomically-styled garment with better fit, excellent freedom of movement and superior durability.
Pyrolon® Plus 2 Brand Features
- Pyrolon superior FR fabric; lightweight, breathable, soft and flexible.
- More effective FR properties than FR SMS garments which have extremely limited and questionable FR abilities
- Viscose based fabric specifically engineered for its FR properties
- Highly breathable, so comfortable to wear
- Brand Details
- Test Data
- Seam Types: Serged
- Materials: Mix of viscose, rayon and FR chemistry. 75 gsm
- Garment Configurations: Coverall with 3 piece hood, inset sleeves, 2 piece diamond crotch gusset, elasticated hood, waist, cuffs and ankles
- Colours: White
- Packaging: Individually vacuum packed
- Pyrolon garments are designed to be worn OVER Thermal protective garments without compromising thermal protection and feature far superior FR properties compared with FR SMS
- Petrochemical and Refining applications
- Maintenance applications
- Fuel handling and distribution
- EN 13982 (Type 5)
- EN 13034 (Type 6)
- EN 1149-5 (Anti-static)
- EN 1073 (radiation contaminated dusts)
- EN 14116 (Flame retardency - Index 1)