Interceptor® Plus - First Line Defense Against Extreme Chemical Hazards. Now Supported by PermaSURE®
Interceptor® Plus is the apex of Lakeland Industries’ chemical protective clothing range. Certified to the 2015/2019 versions of the CE EN 943-1 standard* and to the equivalent US NFPA standards, Interceptor Plus is available in front and rear entry versions and with standard or wide vision visors.
The UK manufactured, hi-tech fabric, originally developed for military use for defense against chemical warefare agents, is soft, light and flexible and yet features a high barrier against a wide array of hazardous chemicals
Download Lakeland’s Guide to the Selection of Chemical Protective Clothing to assist in improved selection of the best suit for the job and for permeation and physical properties comparisons.
This next generation of Interceptor® fabric is now compatible with the PermaSURE® Toxicity Risk Modeller, giving you easy and instant access to hazard data and real-world Safe-Use times for over 4000 chemicals.
Advantages of PermaSURE® :
- Free, mobile-friendly online tool
- Models permeation rates and provides safe-use times by incorporating environmental, temperature and chemical exposure factors.
- State-of-the-art technology developed initially by leading Polymer chemists for defense forces to quickly determine which suits are needed for various chemical warfare agents and dual use chemicals.
- Based on the known molecular characteristics and behavior of 4000+ chemicals interacting with Interceptor® Plus fabric.
*Note: excluding Clause 5.4
Interceptor® Plus Brand Features
- 10 layer multi-barrier fabric with non-woven diffusion layer creates protection against a wide range of high hazard chemicals
- Unique multi-layer fabric – lighter than current commonly used limited life gas tight suits
- Stitched and double taped seams inside and out for high strength and security
- Lakeland patented double-layer visor sealing system provides a more secure seal between visor and fabric
- Double-layer glove system; chemical glove unside with outer black butyl glove
- Front or rear entry design options with standard and wide vision visor options
- Brand Details
- Test Data
- Seam Types: Stitched seam and double taped
- Materials: Multiple layer barrier polymers
- Garment Configurations: Full integral encapsulating suit with attached boots, gloves, hood with visor and integral BA pouch to rear. Rear and Front entry / standard and wide vision options.
- Colours: Blue as standard, Orange and grey to order
- Testing: Tested against full range of chemical warfare agents and to European and US permeation tests methods
- Chemical clean-ups and spill management
- Protection against liquid and gaseous chemicals to Type 1
- Emergency & chemical warfare response teams
- Civil defence and response